top of page

Asked Questions

Q: How do I report a street light outage?

A. Contact City Hall and provide the street address and location of the outage.  The City will then contact KU or WRECC to have the light repaired.

Q: What is the speed limit on City streets?

A: Unless otherwise posted, the speed limit on City streets is 20 mph.

Q: When are community clean-up days?

A: The City usually schedules spring clean-up days for residents in the City limits only.

Q: Can I pay my sewer and garbage bill online?

A: Yes. Residents can go to and click “Pay Your Utility Bill” in the top right corner of the page.  You must have your paper bill in order to pay online — you will need your account number and the amount due.

Q: What utilities does the City provide its residents?

A: The City provides garbage pick-up and sewer to our residents.  Water is provided by the Grayson County Water District.

Q: Where do I vote in Clarkson?

A: The new polling location for the Clarkson precinct is the Clarkson Community Center at 213 Millerstown Street.  Click here to check your voter registration status.

Q: How do I apply for a business license?

A: Contact City Hall for the necessary paperwork. The price of a business license is $50.00.  Licenses run from September 1st-August 31st.  Rates are pro-rated for new businesses applying for licenses in between those dates.

Q: What are the dates for the Clarkson Honeyfest?

A: The Clarkson Honeyfest is always the last Wednesday-Saturday in September.  For 2024 those dates will be September 25-28.  Visit the Clarkson Honeyfest website ( for more information.

Q: How do I rent out the Clarkson Community Center?

A: Rental Rates for Large Community Center Room are as follows: The daily rental rate is $200.00.  A $100.00 deposit is also required. Deposit is refundable if rules are followed and facility is left neat and orderly.  Signed COVID waivers are required for all rentals.  For scheduling information, please contact Clarkson City Hall.

Q: How do I report a street sign that is missing or in need of repair?

A: Contact City Hall with the location and type of sign.

Q: What items will NOT be picked up by the City Sanitation Department?

A: The City will not pick-up tires, tree limbs, paint, construction debris, waste oil, leaves, grass clippings, or large furniture items.

Q: Can I have my sewer and garbage bill automatically deducted from my bank account?

A: Residents can visit City Hall during regular business hours to request a form to have your bill paid via bank draft.

Q: How do I connect my house to natural gas or report a problem with my gas service?

A: Contact Leitchfield Utilities at Visit Website

Q: Does the City provide snow removal?

A: The City plows/salts City streets, but not state highways, county roads, private roads, parking lots, or driveways.

Q: Can I rent out a pavilion or ball field at the Clarkson City Park?

A: The City does not rent out any area of the City Park.  Residents are welcome to use the park facilities for events on a “first come, first serve basis” as long as there are no youth baseball or soccer games in progress.  The City Park closes each evening at dusk, unless ball games are in progress.

Q: What hours can I take my child trick-or-treating on Halloween?

A: Trick-or-Treating is typically scheduled between 5:00 – 8:00 pm on October 31. If that date falls on a Sunday, trick-or-treating will be moved to the preceding Saturday.

Q: When are meetings of the Clarkson City Commission?

A: The Clarkson City Commission meets regularly on the second Monday of each month at 6:00 pm at the Clarkson City Hall & Community Center.  In the event the second Monday falls on holiday, the regular meeting is moved to the following Tuesday at 6:00 pm.  The meetings are open to the public.

Untitled_Artwork (7).png
Untitled_Artwork (5).png
Untitled_Artwork (6)_edited.png
bottom of page